Thursday, October 16, 2008

Exercising the drumming muscles - part 2

A few weeks ago I mentioned that rock climbing was a great complimentary workout to drumming (since it works out your forearms). Well today I found another sport that will exercise the other muscles we use a lot, the dreaded foot-pedal muscle group!

What could it be? Well, it is none other than curling!

I started curling the day before our Rock Band session this week. And let me tell you that I really felt it while drumming... My leg and ankle were killing me during the whole session. Usually I am fine to play for a good 4 or 5 hours before I feel something, but not this time...

For those who think curling is a relaxing sport for your body, think again! Talk to me after you have played a game... I didn't even finish one game and I felt the effects.

For those of you who are having problems with leg muscles when playing Rock Band, try it out and it might help your endurance!

3 comments:

DMan3021 said...

so... can I get a woot woot?

DMan3021 said...

bah! this comment was meant for the "The Macas are now 2nd" entry...

Damn you Phoenix! :P

Anonymous said...

Damn Right!! Curling rocks!! Pierre is a natural at it too.. hehe