Sunday, March 1, 2009

Beer of the week #9

The list is still a bit short this week but maybe I am just trying to prove I am not addicted to beer? :p

I find it is important to try beer more than once... and try many different types. Did you ever run into someone who simply said: "I don't like beer... I've had it once in a party in college and it was awful."

Let me tell you that if the only beer you ever had was a beer at a "party in college", you are probably basing your prejudice against beer on Budweiser, Coors Light, Molson, etc..., any of these cheap 24-pack beers.

I URGE you to give it another try and get our economy rolling! :D

Enough ranting... here are today’s beers:

1) Blanche de Chambly: Another good beer by Unibroue. It is a white beer with 5% alcohol with a nice spicy taste. I find it a great light summer beer.

2) This next one brings up my rant again: "OCHAKOVO" (it's a Russian name, probably pronounced "usnakova"? ... my Russian is VERY rusty...) A 4.5% Russian lager with NO aftertaste and a very light taste. If you say you don't like beer, do yourself a favor and at least try this one!!! It’s PERFECT to introduce you to the world of beer. Even to the experienced beer drinker, it is light but still refreshing.

No comments: