Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Double session week

Last week we had 2 sessions, which allowed us to catch up on all remaining RB2 songs (70). Our final score for RB2 is 1,455,577,362 points! :)

Tonight will be our first session with the much anticipated RB3. I can't wait to try the new keyboard and the Pro modes for all instruments.

For the foreseeable future, this blog will solely focus on the highlights of our weekly RB sessions. We'll be experimenting with the new modes and trying out the various Pro instruments, therefore there is no need to include details like "Top Performer", "Worst Performer", etc... I will also stop posting my top 3 DLC of the week as the focus will be on the RB3 on-disk songs.

Highlights:
- Raikan's funniest wah-wah bass moments were during "Creep (Stone Temple Pilots)", "Exodus", "Fire (Live)", "Indians", "Infected Nation", "Long Train Runnin'", "Tha Shiznit", "That's tha Homie" and "Sending Signals"
- Bongoo gets a dual FC on voxtar for "Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom"
- Phoenix gets an impressive 91% on "In Memory" on Expert drums and survives a lot of tough songs (ex: "3rd Stone from the Sun")
- Raikan tries the drums and also survives some fairly tough songs (ex: "Manic Depression")
- We have quite a laugh for Parry Gripp's 2 new RBN songs on the PS3 ("Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom" and "Last Train To Awesometown")
- The last RB2 song we will ever play was "Redemption Song" (Bongoo voxtar, no drums or bass)

4 comments:

Sean said...

I didn't realize you guys were from the Ottawa area. This is blingdomepiece from Score Hero. I'm in the Ottawa area and wouldn't mind playing with some good players every now and then (most of my friends are on Medium). If you're ever doing some songs and are short a person, hit me up (SH PM would probably make the most sense).

BTW apparently my RB3 pre-order got delayed, so if you have one that is on time, I'm curious where you are getting it.

Bongoo said...

Hi blingdomepiece! I remember seeing your name quite often, so it's neat to know there are more hardcore players in Ottawa.

We will definitely invite you to a session soon. With RB3, the more players, the merrier! :)

Bongoo said...

FYI. I didn't pre-order RB3. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up somewhere later today.

Sean said...

I picked it up yesterday at Wal-Mart... it's pretty nice. EB games is supposed to get the keyboard in this week. For now I'm passing the time playing pro drums poorly :).