Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Goal for tonight: a Blast of Peace, Love, &...

Note: The special session is postponed until the next time everyone is available. It's a normal session tonight.

Original post:
----------------
Tonight we'll have a special session at DMan's. He has a great projector plus it's a change of atmosphere which can be good.

Unfortunately that means that we won't be able to increase our RB2 career score unless Phoenix brings his PS3 over. Phoenix: I have a special PS3 carrying case I can lend you if you need it.
----------------

Tonight we'll make progress towards passing 11th place band "PEACE, LOVE, & FUK U..." (in the real Leaderboards). In the process we'll move past glitched band "Blast". Raikan is playing remotely so we won't be playing some random DLC.

We are currently in 20th place but there are 8 bands ahead of us with inflated scores (at positions 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 19).

Minimum: Gain 4K points, to beat glitched band "Blast"
Main: Gain 240K points, to be halfway to 11th place
Optimal: Gain 481K points, to beat "PEACE, LOVE, & FUK U..." for 11th place

7 comments:

DMan3021 said...

If I'm not mistaken, Phoenix may only have to bring his PS3's HD.

Also, check your emails! I will be sending you some info about our top secret session sometime later in the morning.

Raikan said...

Sorry guys. Packing up for my trip down home for Easter. I can play remotely, but that's it. And not until 12 either.

Bongoo said...

I've always brought my full PS3 over when playing Rock Band elsewhere. I think there is something in the internal memory that associates you with your PSN username but we could test it.

If Raikan can't be there, perhaps we can do a normal session at Phoenix's and have the special one next week.

DMan3021 said...

tsk tsk, Raikan, you obviously have your priorities wrong. Rockband is the most important thing in our lives right now, so you can't just not show up at a session.

That being said, I won't be showing up at next week's session ;P

Instead, I'll be in bountifyl Las Vegas, losing money and what not. I'll try to see if I can make it to Harrah's for the Total Rock, Total Rewards Rock Band Competition and give you guys an update on what I find (using both twitter and the blog).

Raikan said...

Doesn't help that I wasn't told there was a special session until this morning.

Either way, this week wouldn'tve worked since like I said... I gotta pack if I'm going to be driving down home tomorrow night.

Bongoo said...

OK, if the Vegas thing was not a joke, then we can have the special session in two weeks.

See you tonight.

DMan3021 said...

The Vegas trip isn't a joke (my plane takes off on Sunday), though my being an ass about Raikan not showing up was (a joke) :D